Before you start using the Google Map widget on your site it is important that you should first insert the map’s API key. Now you would ask why is the key important? It is required to authenticate the requests associated with the project for usage and also acts as a unique identifier for a billing account.
So lets begin with the steps of creating an Google Map API key for your project:
1. Open the link attached, and given below is the field provided for adding the key. (link here)
2. Go to the Project Selector page and create a new project.
Fill in the details required.
3. After creating your project go to APIs & Services > Credentials.
There you will see your newly created key listed on the credentials page, under API keys.
4. After creating the key go to Library.
6. Copy & Paste the API Key.
Now just copy and paste the API Key in the field provided under Integrations and you are good to go.